As the weather starts cooling down and the leaves begin to change, I like to pull out my Fall cake recipes like this Old Fashioned Fresh Apple Cake. There is just something about the scent of baking apples that makes a house feel like a home. I hope you will enjoy this Old-Fashioned Fresh Apple Cake as much as my family does.
Old Fashioned Fresh Apple Cake Recipe
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 ¼ Cup Crisco
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour or cake flour
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 cups diced apples (Winesap, Rome, Granny Smith)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup coconut
- Mix sugar and oil together.
- Add eggs Add salt, flour and baking soda and mix well.
- Add vanilla, apples, nuts, and coconut to the batter and mix lightly to incorporate.
- Bake at 350 in a well-greased and floured baking pan for approximately 1 ½ hours.
Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream.
This Old Fashioned Fresh Apple cake will remain fresh for 1 to 2 weeks.
Want more… Check out my previous recipes!
Looking for another Fall cake favorite? Try my Spiced Fig Cake recipe!
One of my most popular recipes is my Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting.
Decorating With Jo
Don’t you just LOVE playing with your food!!! I do! If you aren’t afraid to put your creativity to the test, join me and together, let us decorate sugar cookies. Like and follow me on Facebook to get reminders about the upcoming LIVE!