How To Make Homemade Applesauce
Recipe for Homemade Applesauce
Here is a scratch recipe to make homemade applesauce. This recipe will make 1 1/2 cups of applesauce.
- 6 to 8 tart apples
- dash of lemon juice
- Wash, quarter, and core 6 to 8 tart apples.
- This article from the Food Network will help to determine which types apples are the best to use to make applesauce.
- The process is pretty simple. Wash the apples well.
- Peel the apples, core to remove the center and seeds and chop roughly.
- Place in a small saucepan on the stovetop or in a slow cooker and cook until the apples are softened enough to add to the food processor.
- I like to put the apples into the food processor at this point to get consistent smooth applesauce. You can add a dash of lemon juice to keep the apples fresh.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Enjoy your homemade applesauce!