Homemade carrot cake is certainly a favorite of mine! I love this time of year for gentle spice combinations of cakes, pies, cookies! Maybe that’s why I’m such a sucker for homemade carrot cake. Now, if the thought of standing over a metal grater makes you want to say never mind, here’s a lifeline – you can buy packages of pre-shredded carrots in the produce section of your favorite grocery store. Certainly, don’t let that deter you – if you haven’t tried homemade carrot cake – once you try it, you’ll NEVER go back to the box!
Homemade Carrot Cake
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ cup crushed pineapple – drained
- 2 eggs
- ¼ vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt together in a bowl
- Whisk together to combine
- Add eggs, oil, pineapple, and carrots together and slowly add dry ingredients together with wet.
- Mix to combine and add in nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out cleanly.
Serve with a lovely cream cheese buttercream frosting or lightly sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Gently coat nuts in flour to avoid them sinking to the bottom of the cake pan.
Enjoy your homemade carrot cake!
Want more… Check out my previous recipes!
I’ve been asked in the past about an Egg-Free Dairy-Free Cake and found one that is perfect! Many people are prone to food allergies, look no more for that perfect recipe, click the link here to be directed to my recent post How to A Moist and Delicious Egg and Dairy Free Cake.
Decorating With Jo
Don’t you just LOVE playing with your food!!! I do! If you aren’t afraid to put your creativity to the test, join me and together, let us decorate sugar cookies. Like and follow me on Facebook to get reminders about the upcoming LIVE!