Pears are just coming into season now with FALL right over the horizon. I thought I would offer this Fresh Pear cake made with pears either fresh from the pear tree or Farmers Market. Fresh Pear Cake also makes a nice alternative to apple cake.
Fresh Pear Cake
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Add in 4 cups of chopped fresh pears – chop relatively small to avoid huge pieces.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (can omit the walnuts)
1. In the bowl of your mixer combine vegetable oil, eggs, drained chopped pears, and vanilla.
2. Mix on low until all ingredients are combined
3. In a separate bowl combine granulated sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt
4. Whisk until all dry ingredients are combined.
5. Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients one cup at a time until all are combined and cake
batter looks uniform.
6. Grease and flour your baking pan and bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.
7. The cake is done when a cake tester comes back clean.
8. Let rest on a cake rack for a few minutes and remove from cake pans relatively quickly to
If you have too many fresh pears you can measure them in 4 cup increments and store in Ziploc bags and
freeze so that when you are ready for another pear cake, they’ll be ready!!!
OR here’s a something else you can do with your leftover pears:
Poached pears in red wine
Peel the whole fresh pears,
Wipe them down with lemon juice to keep from discoloring
Pour a bottle of red wine in the pot with a cinnamon stick, whole cloves, and nutmeg and bring to a
Place fresh pears in and cook until they are pierceable with a sharp knife
Cool and refrigerate
Serve on a plate with a simple custard!
Want more… Check out my previous recipes!
Looking for another Fall cake favorite? Try my Spiced Fig Cake recipe!
One of my most popular recipes is my Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting.
Decorating With Jo
Don’t you just LOVE playing with your food!!! I do! If you aren’t afraid to put your creativity to the test, join me and together, let us decorate sugar cookies.
Are you on Pinterest? So am I! Pin this below and follow me on Pinterest! Let’s be pinning buddies!
- Low-Calorie Strawberry Shortcake Snack
- Bunny Ear Cookies Decorated
- Cross Cupcakes
- Easter Egg Cookies
- Bunny Bottom Cookies