Easy Homemade Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
Best Easy, Scratch Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe with Homemade Pie Crust Recipe
Mother’s Day is the perfect time to bake an Easy Homemade Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe for your family. Mother’s Day is the day set aside to celebrate and honor Mom’s, however, a mom is anyone that cares for, loves, provides for, and nurtures. Historically, moms showed their care, love, and affection by baking for the family. Today, I’m encouraging you to bake this homemade goodie for your mom, or anyone in that capacity. I know that they will LOVE it.
Historically, moms showed their care, love, and affection by baking for the family…
Today’s recipe is a Best Easy Scratch Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe with a Homemade Pie Crust Recipe. This recipe is one that has been passed on through the years and is regarded pretty highly in my family.
the recipe is one that has been passed on through the years…
Lemon Meringue Filling Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/3 tbsp lemon zest
- Combine flour, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk together.
- Stir to combine water, lemon juice, and lemon zest and cook (whisking frequently) until the mixture begins to boil.
- Add butter to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks to break them up.
- Set the egg whites aside to make the meringue.
- Pour about a half of a cup of the hot mixture into the bowl with the eggs. Whisk generously to bring the eggs to temp.
- Pour the contents of the bowl into the saucepan with the remaining sugar/flour mixture.
- Cook on a medium heat until the filling comes to a boil.
- Stir frequently and cook until the filling becomes thick.
- Remove from heat and pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Whisk egg whites in a mixer with a whisk attachment until the eggs are foamy.
- Gradually add 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Whip the meringue until stiff peaks form when testing the consistency.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes to brown the meringue.
Want more… Check out my previous recipes!
I recently shared a Homemade Pie Crust recipe that would be perfect to pair with this Easy Homemade Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe.
Another favorite is my Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting. This buttercream goes great on carrot cakes, hummingbird cakes, or banana cakes. Try it today!
Need a cake to spread the Peanut Butter Buttercream onto, try this Yummy Fluffy White Cake. I’m sure that this will be your favorite go-to white cake recipe. It is super moist, fluffy, and good. Bakery quality from your own oven!
Love Baking? Looking for more pie inspiration? Check out my E-Book “All About Pies.” it is a collection of 14 of my favorite and best PIE recipes. Get yours here!
Follow my Pinterest Profile The Cake Way for more Cake/Cookie Recipes, Tutorials, Kitchen Must Haves, Cake Lady Fashion or Top Cake Decorating Tools for 2018 by clicking the link!