This Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe is a Favorite in my family it is so delicious and super moist. This cake is such a treat! The Chocolate chip cake is a white cake with chocolate chips throughout. For an extra chocolate presence, I’ll show you how to make the chocolate drip to adorn the top and sides of the cake.
Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
- 2 2/3 cups sifted cake flour (332.9 Grams)
- 1 7/8 cups sugar (376.6 Grams)
- 4 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 egg large whites
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Place flour mixture into the mixing bowl and add pieces of butter one at a time until all butter is incorporated.
- Mix until the mixture resembles coarse sand
- Scrape bowl with a spatula and add milk and vanilla extract
- scrape again and add eggs one at a time
- Mix until cake batter is incorporated and fold in 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes, check with a cake tester.
Dark Chocolate Filling
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 oz chocolate (chopped if using bar chocolate)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Cook over moderate heat until the mixture bubbles around the edge
- Stir constantly, remove from heat
- Place in mixer and allow to beat until it comes to room temperature
Chocolate Drip Recipe
- Melt chocolate by melting 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate with 1/2 tsp butter.
- Using a teaspoon drip melted chocolate around the edge of the frosted cake and allow it to run over the sides in uneven lines.
The Cake Way is a participant in an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products.
- My favorite baking pans by far are Fat Daddio’s Anodized Aluminum Round Cake Pan, 6 Inches by 2 Inches, these pans are solid, bake better, are made without added (unsafe) materials, and come with a lifetime warranty. #quality
- Pre-cut baking sheet liners! Baking Perfection The Smart Baker 6 inch Round Perfect Parchment Paper – 24 Pack Pre-cut Parchment Sheets for Cake Pans. “As Seen on Shark Tank” Baking Sheets
- Lastly, my recipe, as well as so many others have imperial as well as metric measurements. An easy fool proof way to be sure to get the right measurements is to use a food scale. I have provided a link below to my favorite food scale. Ozeri ZK14-S Pronto Digital Multifunction Kitchen and Food Scale, Elegant Black