5 Quick and Easy Glazes for your Gingerbread Cake
Have extra Gingerbread Cake leftover the Holidays? Here are my Top 5 Quickest and Easiest Recipes to completely re-vamp your Gingerbread Cake. If you missed the Gingerbread Cake Recipe, here it is.
Gingerbread with Apricot Glaze
This recipe uses a simple can of apricots…
How Simple is That!
This Apricot Glaze is a perfect combination of fruit and spice. It super quick and easy and sure to become a new holiday favorite. Don’t like apricots, try replacing the can of apricots with a can of peaches or pears for a fresh new flavor!
- 2 1/2 cups cooked apricots with juice ( or a can of apricots in the juice)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Boil apricots, juice, sugar, and water until thick and smooth like jam.
- Cool. Cover the top of the gingerbread slices with the apricot glaze. For an extra treat, try with a few slices of banana! Yum!!! This glaze can be made with any type of fruit!
Gingerbread with Applesauce
Applesauce and Gingerbread is an awesome pairing. This recipe calls for pairing the two to create such a delicate holiday flavor that it is sure to be a winner at your next gathering!
Sure to be a Winner at Your Next Gathering
The following recipe is for preparing fresh applesauce, although applesauce can be purchased to eliminate this step.
- 6 tart apples (can substitute a jar of applesauce)
- Prepare a fresh bowl of applesauce by peeling and boiling 6 tart apples until soft. Soften apples by pulsing in a food processor until de-clumped.
- Spice by adding cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice to taste.
- Layer Gingerbread Slices with Spiced Applesauce!
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Fluffy Lemon Sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 egg
- Mix together in a saucepan sugar, cornstarch, and nutmeg.
- Gradually stir in boiling water
- Heat on stovetop for 1-minute stirring constantly
- Stir into saucepan butter, lemon juice, and lemon rind
- Gradually blend in well-blended egg
- Stir constantly on warm heat until egg is thoroughly incorporated
This simple but Yummy Caramel Gingerbread is sure to be a new FAVORITE!
Yummy Caramel Gingerbread
This recipe is a simple but awesome tasting addition of Caramel to your Gingerbread cake. It can be easily drizzled over the top of the cake with a simple drip effect for presentation purposes but I LOVE caramel, so I generously add it all over the cake!
- 1 14oz can of Eagle Brand Caramel Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Drizzle the caramel over the top of the gingerbread round and in the middle.
Spiced Cream Cheese
Finally, a simple cream cheese filling spiced with Nutmeg, Cinnamon, and Allspice can do wonders to transform this cake into a masterpiece.
- 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 recipe basic buttercream frosting
- Mix well together and add cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice to taste. Add as a filling or frosting to cake.