3 Summer Perfect Holiday Dessert Recipes
3 Summer Perfect Holiday Dessert Recipes
Today I bring you 3 Summer Perfect Holiday Dessert Recipes. Three different desserts created using the same ingredients. Being a lover of all things Sweet; I can’t imagine a holiday that screams Independence Day as much as these three Summer Perfect Holiday Dessert Recipes! Summer desserts are light, fluffy, easy to make, and pop with fresh fruit and color! These quick and easy desserts are the perfect, picnic, bar-be-que, or get together dessert.
These quick and easy desserts are the perfect, picnic, bar-be-que, or get together dessert.
- 1 quart fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 quart fresh blueberries
- 1 8oz container of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8oz container of cool whip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 angel food cake
Decorating With Jo Ann
Don’t you just LOVE playing with your food!!! I do! If you aren’t afraid to put your creativity to the test, join me and together, let us decorate sugar cookies. Like and follow me on Facebook to get reminders about the upcoming LIVE!
Cake In A Jar
A Cake in a Jar is such a personal dessert and can be adjusted to fit any flavors that you can imagine. Cakes can be strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, pina colada, peach, or any other flavor. I’ve always loved the presentation of a cake in a jar. It’s just something about it that feels very personal and special as if it was crafted just for you. The layered cake in a jar is very easy to make.
- Use a round biscuit cutter to cut angel food cake circles
- layer in a mason jar, cake circle, strawberries, cream cheese mixture, and blueberries
- Continue layers until the top of the jar is reached
- Adorn with a lovely red, white, and blue ribbon
- Keep refrigerated
Strawberry / Blueberry Trifle
Growing up, my family referred to a Trifle as a Refrigerator Cake. This type of cake makes a beautiful presentation. It is made in a beautiful glass dish, so use one of your prettiest deep set bowls. My favorite dish to make this in – is a cake dish that can be flipped upside down.
- Tear angel food cake into bite-sized pieces
- Cream together powdered sugar, cream cheese, cool whip, and sour cream.
- Gently fold the cake pieces with the cream cheese mixture.
- Layer in a glass bowl, strawberries, cream cheese mixture, and blueberries.
- Repeat the pattern until the bowl is filled.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
Naked Cake with Fresh Strawberries and Blueberries
Naked cakes are super popular right now, and also super easy. Follow the steps below to make your own naked cake. Your naked cake can be presented with a cute ribbon wrapped around the middle or with a light coat of the filling. Post a picture of your creation in the comments. I’d love to see it!
- Bake the Angel Food Cake into 6 or 8-inch Round Cake Pans
- Cream together powdered sugar, cream cheese, cool whip, and sour cream
- Roughly chop strawberries
- Gently fold strawberries and blueberries into the cream cheese mixture
- Add the cream cheese mixture as a filling between layers of the angel food cake
- Refrigerate to firm the cream cheese mixture
Want more… Check out my previous recipes!
Have you ever struggled with achieving PERFECT results from the PERFECT recipe? If so, click here to see my recent post entitled How To Get PERFECT Recipe Results and learn the tricks of the trade!
I’ve been asked in the past about an Egg-Free Dairy-Free Cake and found one that is perfect! Many people are prone to food allergies, look no more for that perfect recipe, click the link here to be directed to my recent post How to A Moist and Delicious Egg and Dairy Free Cake.
One of my most popular recipes is my Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting. This is a smooth and creamy buttercream that goes great on carrot cakes, hummingbird cakes, or banana cakes. Try it today!
Looking for something quick and super simple for the kids as a quick summer snack? How about my delicious Scratch Banana Cake Recipe, that lends itself perfectly to outdoor dinner parties for its light delectable flavor.
Follow my Pinterest Profile The Cake Way for more Cake/Cookie Recipes, Tutorials, Kitchen Must Haves, Cake Lady Fashion or Top Cake Decorating Tools for 2018 by clicking the link!